Frequently Asked Questions
Have Any Questions?
Our minimum order quantity for heating oil is 100 gallons.
For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express & Discover credit/debit cards.
When placing your order you will be notified of the projected delivery date. *Note – Delivery Standard is based on projected Winter Delivery Schedule. Delivery schedule is subject to change due to inclimate weather, vehicle maintenance, and/or other circumstances beyond our control. All deliveries will be completed within 24 hours from date of order. You can check the expected delivery date for your order by logging into your account and clicking on the order history tab.
Simply click any link for “Check Heating Oil Prices” or “Order Oil Online” and enter your zip code. You will then be able to see pricing and select your proper tier for ordering.
Your credit or debit card is charged when you place your order. If you order a “fill,” your card will be charged for your total tank capacity. Once delivery is made, your credit or debit card account is automatically credited for any gallons that do not fit in your tank. If you order a specific number of gallons (Example: 200 gallons) your credit or debit card will be charged for the amount of your order. Once delivery is made, your account is automatically credited for any gallons that do not fit in your tank. Either way, you only pay for the number of gallons that you receive.
Our pricing schedule contains volume discounts, so larger deliveries receive lower prices. If your tank takes a smaller quantity than you ordered, your price per gallon may be higher. You can see all of the tiers on the pricing page after you enter your zip code or at the bottom of your confirmation email.
Once you place your order your price is guaranteed for the quantity ordered.
Yes, in some areas. If you are out of oil or almost out of oil you should call 718-647-1400 to place your order. Our office will be able to tell you when you could get a delivery.
Please read this section carefully to keep your family safe and secure:
- Make sure that all doors, windows and other openings are securely closed to retain as much heat as possible until your heating oil delivery is made.
- If you have a supplemental source of heat (wood stove, fireplace, space heater, etc.) you can use that to maintain the heat in your home. Be sure to operate these appliances safely and in accordance with the manufacture’s instructions.
- Make sure you are actually out of oil as your no-heat situation could be due to another problem. For example, it is possible that there is a blockage somewhere in your fuel line between your tank and your oil burner. In systems that are not regularly maintained, it is common for a blockage to occur in the filter, the strainer or the nozzle. Other problems can also occur that will cause your oil burner to operate improperly. If you have oil, but are not getting heat, Contact us at 718-647-1400 right away to set up a service call.
- If you have already placed an order, check online for your order status to determine when your delivery will be made.
- If you are out of oil, you can add kerosene or diesel fuel to your heating oil tank until your heating oil delivery arrives. Either kerosene or diesel fuel can be purchased at many local gas stations. While these fuels are more expensive than heating oil, both will burn safely in your heating oil burner. Usually 5 or 10 gallons will last for a day or two, depending upon the temperature and the size of your home.
If you have run out of oil, you likely need a Prime & Start to get the air out of your fuel line so that your burner can re-light. We have technicians available to do “Prime & Starts”. You will need to order this service on-line at the time you place your order and will also need to be home to give access to your boiler or furnace.
Not usually, as long as the driver has ready access to the fill of your fuel tank. In some jurisdictions, it is necessary for the dealer to inspect the condition of your heating oil tank on the first delivery only. If this applies in your area, and you have a basement or other inside tank, the dealer will contact you before your first delivery to make arrangements to do your “first delivery inspection”. There is no cost for this one-time inspection.
No problem. Your credit or debit card will automatically be credited for any gallons you do not receive. You only pay for the number of gallons you actually receive.
Normally this is because your tank could not hold all the gallons you ordered. All heating oil tanks have a “usable capacity” which is less than the actual capacity. For example a 275 gallon tank has a usable capacity of about 256 gallons. The remaining space is required during the filling process to avoid accidental spills as well as allowing for expansion of the fuel as it warms. During the filling process, the driver listens to your “fill alarm” which tells the driver when your tank is filled to its usable capacity. For safety and to avoid environmental contamination, your driver must stop pumping oil when the vent alarm indicates your tank to be full.
Our SSL certificate is your assurance of data safety and security. Our website meets or exceeds all security standards for processing credit cards and storing personal data. We maintain PCI compliance, which is the credit card industries ongoing evaluation and acceptance of our credit card processing standards. Our data entry process is done using secure servers and all data is stored encrypted for your security. No credit card data is stored on our computers or in our database. All credit card information is passed to the credit card processors, via our credit card gateway, which is the standard for credit card security.
It’s easy. Just go to the login screen, enter your user ID and then click “forgot password”. You will then be asked a few additional questions and then guided to either Reset or Proceed further. If you need assistance feel free to email us at email@example.com.